Photobucket Photobucket

April 1, 2012

Chocolate Mousse Bars

{Update:  I decided to revisit this recipe after making it for a gathering of friends...
This time I have pictures (although not good ones), so I thought I would re-post this with some updates...} 


Originally posted in January 2011.
I found this recipe at the Website of our local TV station.
When I made it I fell in love!
I was going to take a few pictures to go along with this recipe, but the family ate them up before I could locate my camera!
A true sign of a great bar dessert.
Chocolate Mousse Bars

1 pkg. (8 squares) Semi-Sweet Chocolate, divided
1/2 c. Sugar
1/4 c. Flour
1 (14 oz.) can sweetened condensed milk, divided
4 eggs
1 (3.9 oz.) pkg. instant chocolate pudding

1-1/2 c. frozen whipped topping, thawed

Preheat oven to 325 degrees.
Melt 6 chocolate squares as directed on package.
 Mix with sugar, flour, 1/4 c. condensed milk and eggs until well blended. Pour into 9-inch square pan that has been lightly coated with cooking spray.
(awesome new tip, courtesy http://www.friedalovesbread.com/ place your baking dish inside your dishwasher, spray with the non-stick spray-no clean up! I do this now regularly, and I even set my baking dish on top of the dirty dishes in the washer, then I just quickly wipe the bottom of my dish!)


Bake 25 min. or until toothpick inserted in center comes out clean(Do not over bake.) Cool completely.
Beat dry pudding mix and remaining condensed milk with an electric mixer for 2 min. Stir in whipped topping; then spread over dessert.


Melt remaining chocolate squares; drizzle over pudding layer. Refrigerate until chocolate is firm, and store in the fridge (if there are any left).
(I forgot to drizzle the chocolate on before I cut the dessert, so I hurried to do it afterwords...not too pretty, but still delicious!)
Pin It

2 comments:

Unknown said...

I am glad I did not make a Weight Loss/Restrictive Diet New Years Resolution. Because you would have ruined it.

Yenta Mary said...

OMG, those sound so good!!!