Photobucket Photobucket

December 5, 2012

Pumpkin Spice Cream Puffs

Did you know I have an obsession with all things pumpkin pie spice?  I.  LOVE.  IT!
I know most people only make pumpkin spice desserts, drinks, and treats during autumn and the holiday season, but this isn't true of me.  I love it, and I make yummy pumpkin spice treats all year long!
This is a dessert that I created in my one of my more crazed pumpkin obsession moments. 
Pumpkin Spice Cream Puffs
12-16 large cream puff shells
1 (3.4 oz.) pkg. Jell-O Pumpkin Pie Spice instant pudding mix
1/2-2/3 c. cold milk
1 c. frozen whipped topping, thawed 
2 Tbsp. powdered sugar

In a medium size mixing bowl combine the pudding mix and milk.  Beat until smooth and the powder lumps are completely incorporated. Fold in the 1 c. whipped topping.

Hollow out the cream puffs by slicing the top 1/3 of the puff off, and removing the dough inside the shell.  Be sure not to break the outer shell.
Place enough filling mix in the shell to fill it a little over the top.  Replace the top of the shell.
Repeat until all the shells are filled, or you run out of filling, whichever comes first-lol.
Dust the puffs with powdered sugar.
Place in the fridge and chill at least 1 hour or until ready to serve.



IF YOU CAN'T FIND PUMPKIN SPICED PUDDING AT YOUR LOCAL STORE, USE A (3.4 oz.) PKG. INSTANT VANILLA PUDDING AND ADD 2 tsp. PUMPKIN PIE SPICE WHILE MIXING WITH THE MILK.

Note:  The puffs will become slightly soggy after just a few hours, but that won't be a problem, I promise these will be the first thing to go at any event.



Pin It

No comments: