Photobucket Photobucket

January 17, 2013

Crock-pot Creamy Chicken Taco's and Nacho's

Heaven bless Jamie @ Jamie Cooks it Up!  I love her blog and have tried many of her recipes.  However, this may be my favorite one yet!
It's easy to throw together, delicious, and just perfect!
I actually found this recipe via Pinterest, but when I saw it was from Jamie, I knew I would try it immediately.  I've made this dish several times now, my family are big fans! We've used it for taco's, nacho's and this delicious taco soup!

Creamy Chicken Taco's

5 FROZEN boneless chicken breast
1 1/2 c. salsa (mild or medium)
2 (10.75 oz.) can's condensed cream of chicken soup
2 1/2 Tbsp. taco seasoning mix
1 Tbsp. maple syrup 
(pure syrup is best, but regular works too)
1 tsp. lime juice
1 Tbsp. butter
1/2 c. sour cream 

Line the inside of your crockpot with a liner or spray with non-stick spray.  Place the frozen chicken breasts in the bottom of the crock.
In a medium size mixing bowl combine the salsa, soup, taco seasoning, maple syrup and lime juice. Mix well.
Pour over the chicken breasts.
Cover and cook on LOW for 7-8 hours, or on HIGH for 4 hours.
At the end of the cooking time, shred the chicken between two forks, then stir in the sour cream and butter. Cover and cook for 1 more hour.
Serve in soft or hard shell tacos, with tortilla chips or use in taco salads. Be sure and include all of your favorite toppings.




*This recipe makes a large batch. For a family of 4, it is enough for 2 complete meals.
Recipe source: Jamie's crock-pot creamy chicken taco's


Pin It

1 comment:

Crockpot Chicken Tacos said...

This sounds divine! I'm always on the look out for new ways to prepare chicken and this sounds great! Thanks for posting this.